Tuesday 17 February 2015

About us



 

  • SRM Nightingale Matriculation Higher Secondary School was originally founded in 1969 and was taken over by SRM in the year 1981.
  • It is  among the first institutes under the banner of the Valliammai Society.
  • It was the experience of running education programmes successfully at the secondary and higher secondary school levels that gave an impetus to the Valliammai Society to start and develop university level programmes, leading to graduate and post-graduate degrees at the various institutions of the SRM group.
  • Some of the infrastructural facilities which have been provided in the school are are unequalled in status.
  • The school has very well-equipped laboratories and a completely stocked library. A number of computers are available too.
  • The school is rated as one of the best schools in the city of Chennai.
  • A number of state ranks in public examinations are regularly obtained by the students of the school. The centum results in +2 and X std are becoming an added credit to the school.
GROWTH OF THE INSTITUTION SINCE 1969
  • Started in the year 1969 with a handful of students
  • Grown into a higher secondary school.
  • With more than 1000 students.
  • Producing many professionals year after year.
School Song :
Nightingale School we praise you
Our Alma mater dear,
Though creeds and tongues may differ,
We stand united here,
Nightingale we adore you
The School that makes us great,
You spread your wings of knowledge
For life it’s power indeed
Onward we march proclaiming
Truth, honour, hope and light
Nightingale we adore you
The school that makes us great
School pledge
  • I solemnly pledge my sincere duty and devotion to my motherland
  • I shall endeavour to harness all my talents towards the progress and prosperity of my beloved country
  • I shall work tirelessly to eradicate poverty hunger and ignorance
  • To this end, I shall make the best use of my education and the opportunity to make my parents, teachers and my country proud
  • I call upon my brothers and sisters to join me in preserving the natural resources and environment for posterity
  • I seek the blessings of God to bestow me with wisdom and courage to achieve my goal through selfless service
  • I pledge whole heartedly to make myself a better person and to look upon all my brethren equally without prejudice to caste, colour or creed
  • Unto this, let the heaven bless me and my fellowmen